Saturday, October 20, 2012

a 'Normal' town

I arrived in Normal Illinois at 8:30 last night and was at the Destihl Brewpub by 9pm.  The beer was outstanding but pricey.  $6/pint for the Vertex IPA (a good name for a geometry teachers beer) and $5/pint for the Black Angel Stout.  They had about 15 beers of their own on tap.  I would of stayed longer, but I drove as it was raining.  My motel was less than a mile away and I had planned to walk.  I will definitely be back next time I'm on my way to Doug's.
On a side note:  the FIB's reputation as speeders may be unfounded.  The only asshole driver I saw was from Wisconsin and as far as speeding goes the Wisconsin drivers were fastest.  I drove at 73 -74 mph and almost no drivers from Illinois passed me, but I passed a ton of them.  Wisconsin drivers though regularly passed me.  This begs the question then; Who are those Illinois assholes that come to Wisconsin?  The answer is simple.  The only Illinois residents that can afford to own property in Door County and Minoqua are the rich republicans (aka romneyites) who believe that no laws apply to them - and when caught they just buy their way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment