Sunday, May 27, 2012

Greenville SC or Asheville NC?

Yesterday I was up early and was looking at where to go Asheville NC and found out that it was smack dab in the middle of their 10 day brew fest.  I decided it was foolhardy to go there and think I was going to get a room.  Asheville the town with more than a dozen brew pubs, Memorial Day weekend and the brew fest - not a chance in hell.

We left Charleston around 10 am and decided while driving to head to Greenville SC and then decide what to do from there.  Traveling with internet makes decisions very easy.

Entering Greenville it was as any other town, there was the usual assortment of factories, strip malls and the usual crap that makes cities uninviting.  Deb was navigating using her iPhone doing the usual; turn left here, turn right there, etc.  Suddenly we were on a broad, tree lined street with shops, bars and restaurants.  To my amazement there was even a parking spot a block from the Blue Ridge Brewing Co. which was our destination.

I had a sampler - 3 small (emphasis on small) glasses of beer, pale ale, amber and stout.  The beer was good and I decided I wanted a 12 oz glass of the pale ale and to my surprise that wasn't an option.  She (bartender) was more than willing to pour me 12 oz but I was being charged for a pint - so much for responsible serving - I declined and they lost a sale.

While we were traveling to Greenville we made the fateful decision to head to Gatlinburg TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment