Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saint Louie Bound

My newest growler:)


Doug posted this on facebook:)

What:  Great Brewpub Tour

When:  Today at 1:00

Where:   The Civil Life Brewing Co

Details:  hitting up St Louis brewpubs via public transportation. Meet Muskett's father - possibly get explanations as to what went so horribly wrong in the raising of him. Starting sometime between noon and one in the loop and heading to Civil life, then Perinniel, then making our way back via Urban Chestnut and stuff in that area. 

Left work yesterday and drove to Peoria to visit the Rhodell brew pub.  It was an awesome place with reasonably good beer.  I have to do some research but it appears that people brew beer there.  When I arrived people were carrying several cases of beer out (assortment of cases that appeared used and abused).  It appeared very strange.  Then by the bar they had a bottling area that they were cleaning.  Still very strange.  I then saw one of the bartender's shirts, that said on the back:
I work here
I brew here
I drink here
Like I said I need to look into it - of course a smarter man than me would of just asked.

The beer was good.  I had a 12 oz stout and a 12 oz ipa.  Both were  good but not outstanding.  I thought $4 for a 12 oz. beer was a tad pricey,  my 32 oz. growler filled was $10.  The place itself was very nice - the old factory/warehouse type place.  Worth returning to.  My motel (super 8) was 3 miles away - never would have found the place without gps.  I need to find brew pubs within walking distance of cheap motels.


on to saint louie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment