Thursday, June 28, 2012

Home for a day.

Deb has to work at Silver Lake College today and tomorrow so we headed home from the cabin (I'm going back today).  We (I) decided to go through Marinette to visit the Rail House Brewery.  They have been around for awhile.  We took US-2 across the UP and dropped south at Iron Mountain on US-141 then headed east on Highway 180 (scenic).  It took us almost 5 hours to go 204 miles - yikes.

The trip did have the added advantage of going past the Riverside Liquors in Spread Eagle.  Riverside is one of the few establishments that sells beer from the Black Husky Brewery in Pembine.  Sadly they only had the wheat beer and I wanted their pale ale.

At the Rail House I had the Big Mac IPA and Deb had her usual nut brown.  The beers were good and I would go back if I was in the neighborhood but wouldn't make that trip again (we still had 95 miles ahead of us).  Surprisingly their pints were only $3.50 and it was happy hour (2 for 1).  If I lived in the area it would be a place to stop after work:).  Unfortunately due to the distance left (and time of day) I only had a 12 oz. for my second beer and Deb had none.  It's still a damn good deal.

Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment