Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Valiant Attempt

On Wednesday it was supposed to rain.  The plan was to use rain days for beer and visiting art stores.  We decided it was the perfect day to go to Duluth.  There is a brew pub there and in Superior along with several micro brewery's.

We left and the weather was beautiful.  We stopped at a quilt shop in Ashland (ugh) and Deb came out saying that she heard on the radio that there was flooding in Duluth and travel there was strongly discouraged.  I laughed thinking that Americans have become weak - the least little thing and we panic.  We left and headed north taking the scenic route - we then stopped in Bayfield at another quilt shop (why me?) and while Deb was in the shop I went to the weather channel and checked out Duluth - and I felt foolish.  This was really more than a little flooding - this was a 100 year type flood.  So much for micro brews.

We head back to Ashland and stopped at the South Shore Brewery and had lunch and a pint.  I had an American Pale Ale and Deb had her usual Nut Brown.  I told the bartender to let management know that they should bottle the Pale Ale and she said she would pass the word.  I was also told that they bottled some of the Pale Ale in 22 oz bombers and that I should be able to find them across the street at the liquor store.  They had 2 left and I bought 1 (It's still in the fridge).

I guess we still have to head to Duluth:)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I heard that portions of the road that I ran on in Grandmas marathon were washed out and Grandmas Restaurant was half full of water. I saw pictures of that. Hope you are having fun. We have been busy moving Nate and Rita. This is becoming a reaccurring theme.

    ReplyDelete